Company Profile


 

The Automobile Association Philippines (AAP) is the country’s biggest and oldest auto club. It was founded in 1931 as the Philippine Motor Association (PMA), a non-stock, non-profit organization committed to the general welfare of motorists in the Philippines.

The PMA was organized by prominent motoring enthusiasts like Jorge B. Vargas, the country’s first Executive Secretary, Carlos P. Romulo, the fourth and only Filipino president of the United Nations General Assembly, Albino Z. Sycip, the “Dean of Philippine Banking,” a number of American expats, and a few more big name businessmen at the time. It became affiliated with the Alliance Internationale de Tourisme (AIT) in 1951 and in the next year, with the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), the world’s largest auto club federation and governing body for four-wheel motor sports worldwide.. In 2004, the AIT merged with the FIA.

 

In 1953, President Elpidio Quirino officially designated the PMA as the National Auto Club. In 1963, it was authorized to issue the Philippine International Driving Permit (PIDP) following the policies of the 1968 Vienna Convention of the United Nations on Road Traffic and Road Signs and Signals.

 

 The PMA’s first office was located at one of the floors of the old Manila Hotel and was relocated in 1937 to one of the Legarda-Hermanos buildings on R. Hidalgo St. in Quiapo, Manila.

 

Soon after the war, PMA moved to the various offices of its incumbent presidents until the 1980’s when PMA acquired its own property at 683 Aurora Blvd., Quezon City. AAP now maintains its office at 28 EDSA, Greenhills, San Juan, its Auto Care Service Center at 682 Aurora Boulevard, Quezon City and (extension) offices in Alabang, Makati, Lipa, San Fernando, Pampanga, Cebu and Davao.

 

AAP has started constructing its own 10-storey building at 683 Aurora Blvd. in Quezon City.

 

 

AAP's VISION AND MISSION

 

AAP Vision:
The country’s premier auto club representing private car owners and serving the motoring public.

 

Mission:
To promote road safety, motor sports, green mobility and to champion the interests of our members.

 

 

 

 

PAST PRESIDENTS



JORGE B. VARGAS 
1931 - 1937


BENITO F. LEGARDA 
1937 - 1973


DR. MANUEL LIM 
1973 - 1981


JUAN E. TUASON 
1981 - 1982


ATTY. CONRADO R. AYUYAO
1982 - 1999


ARCH. CARLOS D. ARGUELLES  
1999 - May 2003


ANTONIO L. MAPA 
2003 - 2005
 

 

 








AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION PHILIPPINES
28 EDSA, Greenhills, San Juan City 1500
Tel.: 655-5889