Philippine International Driving Permit
When traveling, there’s no better way to explore the sights of a foreign country than to drive along its scenic routes and busy thoroughfares. Before hitting the road abroad, make sure that you have a Philippine International Driving Permit (PIDP) to enjoy driving privileges in more than one hundred countries all over the world.
The PIDP is one of the privileges enjoyed by club members. It allows you to drive private and rental cars overseas. Some countries may not require a PIDP but the car rental companies in that country may require one.
1) AAP Regular membership (new enrollee - P1,500)
2) Original and photocopy of valid Philippine Driving License
3) Two pieces 2”x2” or passport size color ID picture, white background
4) Foreign nationals, dual citizens must present the original passport, photocopies of pages showing date of last arrival. Permanent residents, must present passport and/or Alien Certificate Registration along with requirements no. 1, 2 and 3.
5) Authorization and any valid ID of representative in case of non-appearance
6) Processing fee Php 300
* OFWs presenting valid OFW ID and official receipt from POEA which includes OWWA membership fee are entitled to 20% discount on membership.
If your Philippine driver’s license is valid for one year, the PIDP will be valid for one year from the date of issue. If the Philippine driver’s license is valid for less than one year, the PIDP will follow the validity of your Philippine driver’s license. So if your license will expire in six months, your PIDP will also expire in six months.
If your PIDP has expired and you are still abroad, you can renew it in any AAP office through a representative (friends or relatives in the Philippines) or send an application for renewal online by visiting the AAP website at www.aap.org.ph.
In case of an online renewal, a representative will still need to proceed to any AAP office to complete the process and submit the requirements needed.
If the Philippine driver’s license presented upon the previous application for your PIDP is still valid, the representative can just present a photocopy to renew the PIDP. If your local license is already expired, the representative needs to secure a temporary license from LTO and present it to any AAP office, together with the Official Receipt(OR). If the renewed driver’s license is with you abroad, a photocopy together with the original LTO certification and OR will be needed for the renewal.
The PIDP is issued only by the AAP. However, interested parties may also apply for PIDP thru Mail and More outlets nationwide except for SM Malls, which are authorized by AAP to accept and process PIDP. A PIDP issued elsewhere is most likely fake and using it can get the one holding it into serious trouble abroad. Call the AAP main office 655 5889 or visit AAP immediately to establish the authenticity of your PIDP.